Marketing Strategies for Man with Van Businesses
By Craig Bruun
Hi, my name is Craig.
I'm the retired owner of 1ManAndVan.co.uk. It's not by chance that my man and van business became the biggest and busiest in Kent before I retired in 2012.
Knowing how hard it can be to find good paying jobs after starting your man and van business has prompted me to share strategies that helped me.
My findings suggest that price can be the least important factor when people search for a man with a van.
I believe that offering a specialist delivery service is a more effective strategy to grow and expand your business.
How to use my site
The bullet points below outline the strategies that contributed to my success. It's best to work through them in the order in which they've been set out. Clicking on the red links will lead you to a page that will explain how I implemented that strategy and the results I got.
Please contribute or ask questions using the comments blocks on each page.
- Finding Higher Paying Jobs - The fact that price is NOT always the most important factor eluded me for a long time. Eventually I grew too tired of competing with "cheap" man and van companies. It's for this reason that I think it's best to identify a more discerning audience. Get this right and you'll be able to increase your prices and still offer your clients value for money.
- Your Website - Build your site with your intended audience in mind. Creating your site is easy, even if you have no prior knowledge. In this page, I talk about how I built it, why my site worked so well, and why the conversion rate was so high.
- The Way You Quote - The first time I spoke to most of my clients was when I pitched up to do the job! I devised a way to discourage telephone quotes. There are lots of reasons why you would want to do the same. I discuss these and include a quote template for you to use.
- Use Your Insurance to Win Business - Never consider insurance a waste of money. Used correctly, it can earn you much more that it costs. Read how I used my Goods in Transit insurance to do just that.
- You Reviews - Many people search for long tail keywords that include the words review, feedback, and recommended. See how I used this to my benefit using my own reviews.
- Network - I got to know my opposition well. I befriended the good ones and passed on work that I couldn't do. You will soon reap the rewards when they reciprocate.
Advice for Wannabe Man with Van Start-Ups!
Want my honest advice on starting up your own man with a van business? Go to UKbusinessforums where you'll find an article I wrote on How to Start a Man and Van Business. Please return here to read my detailed business plan and tactics if you're still interested.
Back to Top Of My Home Page!